Fire Risk Assessments
Does your premises conform with the The Regulatory Reform Act 2005?
The Regulatory Reform Act Compliance
Automatic Alarms Ltd provide fire risk assessments to non domestic premises to ensure customers comply with current UK legislation. The Regulatory Reform Act 2005 came into force in 2006 and replaced previous fire safety legislation. This means that even if a certificate has previously been issued by the Fire Service, the “responsible person” (usually the employer or person in control of the premises) is now required to ensure a fire risk assessment is carried out by a “competent person”.
Trained and Competent Staff
Automatic Alarms have staff who have undergone training with the Fire Protection Association and are competent in carrying out the risk assessment and subsequent reviews to ensure you meet your responsibilities.
The fire risk assessment will identify hazards/threats to the safety of the building, people who are at risk, visitors and those in the immediate vicinity, and record the findings to develop an action plan and thus ensure the safety of people and premises.
What's Included in the Service?
The fire risk assessment will include a review of:
- Potential sources of ignition
- The design of the premises
- The removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Signage throughout the premises
- Equipment available to fight fire
- Emergency routes and exits
- An emergency fire evacuation plan
- The needs of vulnerable people, eg the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- Staff fire safety training
- Testing routine and maintenance schedules of equipment
- Record keeping
After the Assessment
Following the assessment, a report will be provided, including the findings and actions required to ensure fire safety regulations are met. Reviews will be provided at regular intervals to ensure any changes in circumstances are taken into account.
Call our office 0800 328 0462 to arrange your review by one of our competent team.
Let's Get Started
Ready to get started with Automatic, fill out the form below and our sales team will be in touch.